1. What debugging tools are available to a Tcl programmer
* Use puts 'debug $message here'.
* Other strange looking ways to solve the TCL debug problem.
2. Buy 'Tcl Solutions' by 'ActiveState'
3. Try 'Dynamic Languages Toolkit' by Eclipse
As a start-up freelancer solution provider I should provide with as low cost solutions as i can, so... let's start testing these solutions.
'puts' in your code
Already using this solution - very chip, no money spend, but if you consider the work-hours spent: it's not chip at all!!
Eclipse support for dynamic language
I've started with #3: Eclipse support for dynamic language, like TCL and Python.
Very soon found this great looking presentation - Dynamic Languages Toolkit (DLTK) , Looks promising...
After a little struggle I've managed to bring up a working station with Eclipse and DLTK.
In the next post I'll describe how to setup Eclipse with DLTK and a debugger.